Sandra L. Morton
One Courthouse Square, Room 104
Jasper, IN 47546
Deputy Auditors: Brooke Greenwell, Chris Hopf, Stacy Pancake, Lynn Gosman, Brenda Nord, Sheila Asbell
The Auditor's Office is open Monday - Friday from 8:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.
The County Auditor is elected for a four-year term. The Auditor’s office has responsibilities that range from being the county bookkeeper, secretary to the commissioners, county council and several tax boards, to providing the public with notices of all county meetings, official budget rates and ordinances. The County Auditor must prepare the financial statement and comply with the federal tax guidelines. The Auditor also distributes funds to the county taxing units.
A sample of functions performed by the Auditor’s office:
1. Prepares and monitors the annual budget for the County.
2. Audits all accounts payable claims for the county.
3. Responsible for all documents, books, records, maps and papers filed in the Auditor’s office.
4. Distributes all property taxes when settled at year end.
5. Prepares all payroll information and personnel benefits
- Withholding Taxes
- Payment of taxes to Federal, State and Social Security offices.
- Works with Human Resources
6. Maintains Tax Sale Records and Commissioner Sale Records
7. Maintains records of subdivisions, street names, etc.
8. Maintains the GIS mapping system.
9. Maintains/Updates the Property Tax Deduction filings.
10. Maintains the County Inventory and Fixed Asset Records.
The Auditor serves as the secretary to the Board of County Commissioners and the County Council.
To be placed on the meeting agendas, please call the office at 812-481-7000 or send an email to email@example.com
J. Markie Rhodes, HR Generalist
HR is located in the Dubois County Annex
602 Main Street, 2nd Floor
Jasper, IN 47546