A sample of functions performed by the Auditor’s office:
1. Prepare the budgets for the council.
2. Audit all claims or bills for the county.
3. Responsible for all documents, books, records, maps and papers filed in the Auditor’s office.
4. Provide estimates of taxes to be received. Distributes all taxes when settled at year end.
5. Prepare all payroll information
- Payment of taxes to Federal, State and Social Security offices.
6. Certification of county maps
7. Maintains records of subdivisions, street names, etc.
8. Maintains the GIS mapping system.