A sample of functions performed by the Auditor’s office:
1. Prepares the budgets for the council.
2. Audits all claims or bills for the county.
3. Responsible for all documents, books, records, maps and papers filed in the Auditor’s office.
4. Distributes all taxes when settled at year end.
5. Prepares all payroll information and personnel benefits
- Payment of taxes to Federal, State and Social Security offices.
- Human resources
6. Maintains Tax Sale records.
7. Maintains records of subdivisions, street names, etc.
8. Maintains the GIS mapping system.
9. Maintains / Updates the Property Tax Deduction filings.