The Records Library is located in the basement of the Dubois County Courthouse. All county records prior to August 1839 were destroyed in a fire. The following records can be found in the Records Library.
- Civil, Probate / Estate, Criminal, Wills, Marriages - 1839 to current
- Deeds - 1839 to 1968
- Old Survey books.
- Original Plats
- Misc. Records 1857 to 1942
- Land Transfer books 1869 to 2009
- Grantee - Grantor Index 1839 to 1968
- Commissioners Record books
- Records for genealogy research