About the Dubois County Park
- Develop and maintain recreational and leisure opportunities at the Dubois County Park that are accessible, safe, physically attractive, and enjoyable for all Dubois County residents;
- Safeguard the natural environment of the Dubois County Park while maximizing it's potential to serve the recreational needs of the public;
- Support the continued development of park and recreational facilities throughout all of Dubois County by funding and preparing the Dubois County Park Plan every five years; and
- Coordinate with the Dubois County 4-H Council to promote mutual goals and provide for a successful annual Dubois County Fair.
4157 State Road 162
Huntingburg, IN 47542
The Dubois County Park is located on State Road 162, five miles south of Jasper and one mile north of the junction with State Road 64 at Bretzville. The Dubois County Park is adjacent to the 4-H Fairgrounds.
The Dubois County Park and Recreation Board was established October 28, 1969 with a 44-acre park opening to the public on May 30, 1973. Initial amenities included picnicking, camping, restrooms, shelter houses and playground equipment. Through the generosity of local patrons, the general public and state and federal grants, the Dubois County Park as grown to more than 140 acres with added amenities and features.
The Dubois County Park includes:
- 141.16 Acres
- 48 Campsites with parking pads, electricity, water, picnic tables and grills
- 5 Shelter houses
- 3 sets of restroom facilities, including one "FAMILY" and one with showers
- 3 Barbecue pits
- 2 Tennis courts
- 2 Basketball courts, hard surface
- Playground areas
- Baseball/Softball field
- 3 Horseshoe Pits
- 2 Lakes - 2-acre and 3-acre; fishing available
- 18 Hole Disc Golf Course
- Hiking trails, including some handicapped accessible
- The Dubois County Precious Angel's Monument - a memorial established by families who have experienced the death of a child is located at the Dubois County Park near the 3-acre lake.
Visiting the Park
Dubois County Park is open to the general public from April 1 to November 1 and with a few exceptions, as listed below, use of the Park is free of charge.
Dubois County Park Fees:
- Nightly Camping RV Tent
- County Resident $20.00/night $10.00/night
- Non-County Resident $30.00/night $10.00/night
- Dump Station $ 5.00/use
- Shelter Houses #1 #4
- First come, first serve $35.00 $25.00
Make checks payable to: Dubois County Park. NO REFUNDS
Camping sites and shelter houses are on a first come, first served basis with payment for the facilities due upon occupation. A site is considered occupied when a camper or vehicle is in place and the full payment has been made to the Dubois County Park. No refunds. Maximum campground occupancy is 14 consecutive days. At the end of any camping period, campers must vacate the Park for 48 hours. Check out time is 3:00 PM.
A person or group may reserve shelter house #1 or #4 up to one year in advance by calling 812-482-2434. The reservation fee is due within two weeks of making the reservation or the reservation is voided. All other shelter houses are on a first come, first served basis.
Persons wishing to use the building and/or grounds of the 4-H Fairgrounds will need to contact a member of the 4-H Council.
Dubois County Park Board
The Dubois County Park Board is an appointed board as established by IC:36-10-3-4 providing for:
- Two members to be appointed by the judge of the circuit court include Joseph Keusch who resides in the Southwest Dubois School Corporation District, his term expires on December 31, 2023 and Tony Hasenour (Vice-President) residing in the Southeast Dubois School Corporation District with a term expiring on December 31, 2025;
- One member to be appointed by the county executive (County Commissioners), Christine Prior (President) with a term expiring on December 31, 2023; and
- Two members to be appointed by the county's fiscal body (County Council) include Jane Betz (Secretary)residing in the Greater Jasper School Corporation District with a term expiring on December 31, 2026 and Mark Denu of the Northeast School Corporation District with a term expiring on December 31, 2024.
- The Dubois County Extension Board appoints and Ex-Officio member from their staff, Ken Eck, who has all the rights of a regular member including the right to vote.
The Dubois County Park Board meets on the second Tuesday of January, July and October at 9:00 a.m. and also meet in April at 5:00 p.m. at the Clover Pavilion. Meeting dates are subject to change. Meetings are open to the general public.