|County Offices||Elected Officials||Education||County Statistics|
Tax Sale Information | Property Tax Payments | FAQ's
The County Treasurer is an elected official to serve a four-year term and may not exceed two consecutive terms. The Treasurer’s office maintains checking accounts held by the county and also invests monies on available county funds. The office of the Treasurer receives information needed for property tax calculation and tax statements are then issued to each taxpayer.
The Treasurer’s duties also include:
1. Collection and reporting to the state all inheritance taxes
2. Liquor license clearances
3. Clearances for moving mobile homes.
4. Transferring titles for mobile homes.
5. Collection and distribution of the Innkeepers' Tax.
6. Bankruptcy claims.
7. Reconciles bank checking accounts held by the county
8. Maintains a monthly ledger and financial statement
9. Collection of Property Taxes
10. Serves as secretary to the County Board of Finance.
Dubois County Treasurer
Cathy "Kitty" Merkley
Dubois County Offices
Meeting Minutes & Headlines Archives
|Website Usage Disclaimer E-mail - Comments, Corrections||County of Dubois © 2012|