|County Offices||Elected Officials||Education||County Statistics|
Council Minutes | Council Member Details | Duties
The County Council has 7 elected officials, 4 members are elected from their districts and 3 members are elected at large. County Council members form the treasury of county government. These members control the funds needed by the county departments, such as county highway, health department, county landfills, county jail and its sheriff, deputies, and employees. The County Council has the power to adopt certain taxes such as County Option Income Tax (COIT), County Adjusted Income Tax (CAGIT), County Economic Development Tax (CEDIT), along with a wheel tax on cars, motorcycles, trucks and trailers.
A few of the duties of the County Council include:
1. Review and adopt the annual budget from the many county agencies.
2. Fixing the tax rate for the county.
3. Establish the salaries of county employees.
4. Approve the sale or lease of county property.
5. Make appointments to boards and committees:
• Park and Recreation Board
• Regional Planning Commission
• Alcohol and Beverage Commission
Dubois County Offices
Meeting Minutes & Headlines Archives
|Website Usage Disclaimer E-mail - Comments, Corrections||County of Dubois © 2012|